Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyhad and Singapore.
With your extensive experience in the construction industry and proven track record in project management, you will take responsibility for the preparation, planning and implementation of EGI HV substation projects. Your responsibilities will include the quality, budget, schedule and reporting of your project and/or sub-project. In addition to your specialist experience, you must also be an efficient organizer, assertive, a capable communicator and a team player.
Your duties will include:
- Defining plant specific requirements for the HV substation especially civil engineering topics
- Editing technical guidelines for the construction of HV substation
- Supervision and quality checks during the HV substation installation process
- Controlling the entire technical implementation process, from drafting tender documents to awarding contracts and accepting delivery from customers and contracting parties;
- Actively collaborating with project managers, drawing up reports, budget forecasts and schedules, attending construction meetings, placing orders under framework agreements;
- Ensuring that technical customer requirements are implemented and compliance with the relevant guidelines and regulations in accordance with all safety regulations;
- Drawing up comparisons of technical and economic alternatives and doing preparatory work for cost-intensive investment decisions
- A diploma or master’s degree in civil engineering;
- Several years’ experience within infrastructure projects as civil design & engineer, consulting engineer or project manager for a contractor, engineering / consulting company and/or employer
- Understanding of civil engineering requirements of power infrastructure projects especially outdoor and indoor HV substation design, HV cables support structures, buildings, roads, trenches, steel structures, control buildings
- Experiences in civil works planning, design, tendering and supervision & quality control
- Capable to determine the work scope for green field HV substations as well as substation extensions & rehabilitation projects
- Experiences and capability to guide a team of engineers to execute complex HV substation and transmission line projects in Germany and abroad
- Experiences in managing of international development bank financed project would be an asset
- A sound grasp of spoken and written English and German (both mandatory), French and another language would be an asset
- Assertiveness, a good organizer and communicator who is also a solid team player;
- Experience in project implementation according to the HOAI;
- Certification as project manager and/or FIDIC engineer would be an asset
- A category B driving licence;
- Extensive autonomy and flexibility, experience in the use of iTWO, SAP and MS Office.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Germany – Berlin