Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Thailand and Singapore.
In the expansion of our business on regulation and market services, EGI is seeking for an young professional in market design and implementation of trading of power, capacity market, smart grid, peer-to-peer trade, balancing and ancillary services. An appetite for topics related to regulation (grid codes, tariffs, third party access, relations with regulatory authorities, etc.) is more than welcome.
As junior expert in the department regulation and market, you will support the growth of our department and participate to numerous projects and development activities.
You will interact with a diversified worldwide portfolio of clients with a constant focus on performance and growth opportunities of our services on regulation and markets domains.
- Participate in various successful projects on regulation and markets reforms (power, capacity and ancillary services domains) in European countries and worldwide that provide value to customers and benefits to society
- Support the company’s business development teams in pursuing opportunities: support establishing trusted relationship with clients, understand clients’ challenges and develop projects proposals
- Support the global market intelligence of the department and its marketing activities (publication of papers and web pages, present the services on regulation and markets in numerous events and conferences, etc.)
- Follow the changes in the power market landscape and contribute to build the most suitable markets configurations or smart grid strategies
- Participate in internal initiatives on development of portfolio of new services
- Master’s degree electrical engineering or Finance/economics with energy specialization
- 2-5 years’ experience minimum in electrical power and regulation business
- Understand a large variety of market design configurations and how they interact
- Ability to manage complex processes, constantly linking strategic objectives and detailed technical aspects
- Proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
- Capability to engage and establish credibility with stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures – need to communicate with internal resources, partners, mother companies and clients
- Excellent English skills required. Knowledge of French, Dutch or German is highly recommended. Arabic considered as an asset
- Creative, proactive, client-oriented, result driven, autonomous
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad depending on project or business development needs
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Brussels or Berlin, frequent travelling to client sites (up to approx. 30%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.