(German and English language both mandatory)
Berlin – 28/09/2021
Elia Grid International (EGI) is an international consulting company. We offer consultancy services in owner’s engineering, asset management, power system operations and security, system- and market development, regulatory management as well as investment advisory. We are working successfully with international transmission system operators, transmission asset owners, regulators and other clients in the electricity sector.
Elia Grid International has a team of more than 40 top experts located in four offices: Berlin, Brussels, Dubai and Singapore.
We are looking for a new intern in our owner’s engineering (OE) department for our Berlin office, starting as soon as possible for a full time -6 months- internship position
The OE Team is responsible for the preparation, planning and implementation of high voltage projects.
Your tasks may include:
- Extend/develop the technical and project management database of the OE Team
- Assist on the development and design of basic concept engineering drawings using MS Visio or Autocad
- Provide support on the preparation of proposals, acquisition of projects
- Assist on the reviewing of high voltage (HV) equipment documentations and wiring manuals
- Provide support with the documentation management
- Possibly act as project assistant in one of our projects
We imagine that you are/have:
- A recent bachelor/master or diploma graduate electrical engineer or near to graduation electrical engineering student, ideally with a specialization in electric power systems
- Understanding of high voltage electric power technology and ideally HV substation primary and secondary technology
- Experience with MS-Office and MS-Visio, Knowledge of Autocad or Engineering base(Aucotec) would be a plus
- A motivated quick learner with high analytical ability and reliability, very good organisational skills and good communicator
- Fluent in German and English language (at least C1 level for both)
We offer you:
- Interesting, challenging tasks in a friendly and international environment
- Opportunity to get hands on project experience on the planning and implementation of High Voltage AC Substations, HVDC Converter Stations and Static Synchronous Compensators (STATCOM)
- Experience to learn the consultancy and the TSO business
- Opportunity to take over responsibility and to show your strength quickly
- A mentor who will guide you and give you a regular feedback
- Fair compensation and a nice working place near the Berlin central station (with free coffee, tea, fruits and a company restaurant with diverse and healthy lunch meals)
We are looking forward for your complete application including your earliest date of entry and an indication which of the aforementioned fields are interesting for you. Applications are possible in German or English language. Please mention your availability. Applications are accepted all year round for a duration of 6 months minimum.