Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
EGI wishes to reinforce its team working on power system operations and security in a context of deep integration of inverted-based resources (HVDC, Wind, PV, BESS,…). To achieve this, EGI is looking for experienced professionals with expertise in the field of transmission system operation, power system security, power system dynamics and EHV power electronics. These experts will take part to international projects and will be responsible for the development of the new concepts and approaches required to integrate inverted-based resources in a reliable, secure, sustainable and economic way. Their activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- The development and use of power systems models, including grid, generation, load and protections
- Analysis and definition of operational principles, calculation methods and assessment criteria
- Development and implementation of tools and procedures to support the analysis and evaluation of grid reliability and security
- Realization of studies for which either a specific or high level of technical power system expertise is required (steady state, harmonics, RMS and EMT, control interaction studies, etc.)
- Follow-up and development of international developments in these fields and in particular in the framework of ENTSO-e (European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity)
- Realization of these activities in the context of consulting activities for various international clients in Europe and in the rest of the world
- Project management depending on the assignment
- Leadership role as key expert in the development of EGI business, e.g. discussions with the client or preparation of proposals
- Development, maintaining and sharing of expertise in these areas within the Elia Group
- Training/capacity building in these fields to the operational departments.
- Master degree in engineering, preferably in electrical engineering, electromechanical engineering or power electronics. A PhD or Postdoc in a related field is an asset
- Profound knowledge of power system modelling (static and dynamic), with PSS/e and/or PowerFactory and/or PSCAD softwares
- Experience with wind turbine, PV plant, HVDC or power electronics manufacturers is a strong asset
- Experience with projects related to the integration of renewable or HVDC and with interaction studies is an asset
- Strong experience in the development and the operation of electricity networks and power plants
- Willing to develop and apply new concepts to simplify complex problems to real industrial situations
- Practical knowledge of VBA, Python or similar scripting software is a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory, a good knowledge of French and/or Dutch and/or German is an asset
- Creative and entrepreneurial, innovative and proactive, client-oriented and result driven
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures – need to communicate with internal resources, partners, mother companies and clients in several countries and across virtual channels
- Very good team spirit and well organized, stress resistant and able to work with deadlines
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad for international assignments depending on the business development or project needs
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Berlin or Brussels