Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai/Abu Dhabi, Riyadh and Bangkok.
EGI wishes to reinforce its team, expertise and competences in the field of reliability, efficiency and sustainability of the transmission grid. Therefore, EGI is looking for experienced professionals with expertise in the field of grid development, grid operation, power system security and power system dynamics. EGI experts in power system operations and security take part to various international projects focusing on reliability, security of supply, sustainability and economic efficiency of the transmission grid. These activities includes, but not limited to:
- Identification and assessment of investment requirements in grids
- Definition of system operation principles, system security calculation methods and assessment criteria
- The development of power system models , including grid, generation and load
- The development and implementation of tools and procedures to support the analysis and evaluation of grid reliability and security, in both operational and strategic planning timeframes
- The realization of power system studies for which either a specific or high level of technical power system expertise is required (steady state, dynamic etc.)
- The realization of these activities in the context of consulting activities for various international clients in the power sector
- Take-over or support the project management depending on the assignment
- Leading role as expert in the business development, e.g. in discussions with the client or in preparation of the technical part of proposals
- The development, maintaining and sharing of expertise in the various related areas within the Elia Group
- Power quality and relay protection experience is strong advantage
- Providing training/capacity building in these fields of expertise to clients and departments within the Elia Group
- Master degree in Engineering, preferably in electrical or electromechanical engineering. A PhD in a related field is an asset.
- 5-10 years’ experience with activities related to the development and the operation of electricity networks and power plants. An experience with HVDC projects is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in power system computations (in both static and dynamic conditions), with PSS/e and/or PowerFactory softwares
- Interest and knowledge of Python coding
- Fluency in English is mandatory, knowledge of Arabic, French or German is an asset
- Creative and entrepreneurial, innovative and proactive, client-oriented and result driven
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures – need to communicate with internal resources, partners, mother companies and clients in several countries and across virtual channels
- Very good team-spirit and well organized, stress resistant and able to work with deadlines
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad for international assignments depending on the business development or project needs
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Dubai / Abu Dhabi, frequent travelling to client sites in the region (approx. 75%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.