Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Abu Dhabi, Bangkok and Singapore.
In the expansion of our business towards utility customer centricity and demand side management focused on decentralized flexibilities, data centricity and inorganic growth models for our Group companies and international utilities, EGI is seeking for an experienced professional in product/project management with specific experience in utility digitalization / smart grids and metering / or EMS and DER integration, with aptitude for business and market analysis, digital products / platform strategy, data centricity and capability to understand digital infrastructure and architecture. As an expert consultant you will interact with our clients and partners and support them in defining solution/platform roadmaps, productization support, innovation and digital transformation.
- Establish and/or challenge client customer centric strategy/solution/product and platform roadmaps based on people/business/tech readiness
- You support the company’s business development teams in identifying and pursuing opportunities; establish trusted relationship to clients, understand clients’ agenda, translate it into issues and possible scenarios, determine best approach, develop proposals.
- Contribute to projects on utilities market evolution, digitalization and operational efficiency, with a focus on customer centricity, decentralized markets and flexibility
- Support for developing smart grid capabilities, digital metering and data management from regulatory, markets and operation point of view
- Spot regulatory and market digital trends and technologies
- Support in developing clients digital capabilities
- Participate in strategy discussion and internal initiatives
- Master’s degree in energy economics and at least minimum 3-5 years experience in customer centricity and decentralised market projects
- Deep understanding of the power sector including transmission, distribution, retail and generation
- Experience with business and digital transformation programmes, using industry best practices and methodologies
- Good understanding of business processes, systems and interfaces including data management
- Practical experiences in flexibility management (e.g. market, BRP, aggregators)
- Familiarity with digital concepts including architecture, data management and agile development
- Understanding of new technologies relevant to/ impacting the utilities industry
- Proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
- Capability to engage and establish credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures – need to communicate with internal resources, partners, mother companies and clients
- Excellent English skills required. Knowledge of French, Dutch or German is an asset
- Creative, proactive, client-oriented, result driven, autonomous
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad depending on project needs
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Brussels, frequent travelling to client sites (approx. 35%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.