EGI (Elia Grid International) is a dynamic and international team of experts in power systems. We build a strong partnership with our international clients and deliver high quality solutions as agile partner in innovative power consultancy services. Our team of experts offers consultancy and engineering services on the international energy market and develops power system projects for third parties based on proven knowledge and hands-on-experience developed in their homebased TSO’s (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany) as well as internationally.
As an international player involved in the energy revolution and the implementation of the energy transition globally, EGI wishes to further develop its expertise in all core activities related to the future Power System Development. We are therefore looking for highly experienced professionals with proven track record, who are willing to face the exciting challenges of future energy markets, digitalisation and power systems decarbonisation.
We want to hire a System Development Expert with a strong affinity for quantitative analysis
The “System Development Expert” consultant delivers generation and grid development analysis with a holistic view of the needed system transformation and sector coupling for the transition to higher RES shares. He works hand-in-hand with Project Managers, Business Developers and Practice Leads to develop and deliver the best quantified studies for our client, assist with business development activities and manage preparation of technical proposals.
- develops expertise in various power sector modelling for generation (generation dispatch, capacity expansion) with a focus on economics and security of supply (adequacy);
- defines capacity expansion plan for transmission and generation, in collaboration with the power system experts;
- performs profitability or cost-benefit analysis of investment projects in generation and transmission. He evaluates/quantifies also the risks associated to these projects;
- builds and continuously updates his sound understanding of the power market fundamentals (fuel prices, renewable targets, etc.);
- develops forecast and scenarios for the future evolution of the generation mix and electricity demand;
- assesses the role of the power sector for the decarbonisation of other sectors such as transport, heating and synthetic fuels (sector coupling, P2X)
- develops AI-based solutions to improve the decision-making process in system development (RES forecasting, sizing of power reserves etc.);
- represents EGI in various international forums and will contribute to the further development of the company in foreign markets.
- You have a university degree in applied economics, mathematics or engineering; a PhD is an asset;
- You are strongly interested in quantitative methods, optimisation and artificial intelligence;
- You are familiar with modelling languages, data analytics and simulation software widely used in the energy industry. Mastering languages like R and Python is an strong advantage;
- You have a deep expertise of energy economics;
- You are able to perform complex analysis and communicate their outcomes at management level;
- You have experience in project management;
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in the energy sector;
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of German, Dutch and/or French is a strong asset;
- You are mobile and flexible, willing to travel abroad for international; assignments depending on the business development or project needs.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Berlin – Mobility required: 40% worldwide