We are growing – be part of our great journey!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our rapidly expanding company.
We offer you the opportunity to collaborate on challenging, innovative and sustainable international projects at the core of the on-going energy revolution.
If you’ve got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group of people in a rewarding environment, have a look at the open positions listed below.
If you don’t see an applicable role listed, please send us your resume and a cover letter to let us know who you are, what you do, and why you think you belong with us!
Why join us?
It’s our business
- A major transformation: Energy is the beating heart of our economy and the industry is going through a major transition towards a greener world.
- Climate change
- Reduction of carbon emissions
- Integration of renewable energy sources
- Integration and liberalization of the markets.
- Leading role: Elia Grid International wants to play a leading role in technological advancements and to pioneer the further development of the energy landscape in support of our customers.
- Backed by 2 TSOs: EGI combines the agility of a lean & mean organization with the support and know-how of a recognized international group. As a member of our team, you can count on the experience of 800 engineers in the Group who will share their know-how and assist you to find the best solution for our clients.
How we work
- Flat Hierarchy: We pride ourselves on our flat structure, which ensures we offer all our people lots of exposure to senior stakeholders across the business. Our Practice Leader to consultant ratio of 1:10, as well as our model of having our Practice Leaders chargeable and on client site, means our consultants get the opportunity to learn and work alongside our Managers on a daily basis.
- Internal Company Development: At EGI we feel it’s important for our people to take ownership in the development of the business. We feel passionate about maintaining an environment where people feel empowered to have a voice. Freedom of thought is not only encouraged, but valued and respected. We encourage our people to help drive the development and improvement of our policies and procedures.
- 3-4-5 Policy: We recognise the nature of consulting often means travelling to client site, and spending time away from home. As a result of this, we have implemented a 3-4-5 working out of town model (3 days away from home, where necessary, 4 days on client site and 5 days chargeable) to ensure that we protect our consultants’ time at home.
Social and belonging
We are proud of the work we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our awesome team of dedicated people.
- Diversity & Inclusion: We are passionate about being an inclusive and diverse business, where everyone feels a true sense of belonging. We promote Gender and Ethnic Diversity as an important component of the company.
- Internal networks: Our internal networks play an important role in ensuring everyone has an opportunity to feel involved in the business. We encourage all of our people to join networks they are passionate about, and contribute to their evolvement. The Culture Club is just one example, it is made up of a group of individuals across EGI who are passionate about acting as a voice for our business, to help ensure that we don’t stray away from our people-first approach
- Company Meetings: We have frequent company meetings to celebrate our successes, ensure that everyone is kept up to date and is aware of the work we’re doing, supporting our belief in providing full transparency to everyone at EGI. It’s also a great opportunity for old and new colleagues to get together and catch up
Learning and development
- We offer every employee a complete range of internal or external training courses, conferences, coaching, or contribute towards the cost of professional qualifications
- We invest in high quality face-to-face training, partnering with external experts in the field to deliver specialist knowledge and expert coaching. At the same time we maximize our internal expertise with subject matter experts sharing their knowledge across the business
- Learning & Development at EGI is led by the individual. We believe you are the best person to drive your learning with the support and guidance of us.
- Training is essential in our eyes to cope with innovations and rapid changes in the energy market. When you join the company, you will complete an introduction program to familiarize yourself with your new professional environment.
- We elaborate specific development pathways, tailored to your day-to-day needs and future challenges. Our Learning & Development Department offers a wide range of training and development opportunities in a variety of areas, from technical trainings to language classes to improve your skills
- You will also be invited to a number of standard training programs, depending on the evolution of your career, some of which are organized abroad. These training programs in collaboration with the Vlerick Business School and other partners, will give you all the support you need throughout your career.
- We also promote employee mobility within the Elia Group. This gives you the opportunity to discover new activities, new businesses, new colleagues and new departments within the Group.
Performance and promotion
- Everyone is assigned an advisor upon joining. Our Advisors play a key role in shaping the careers of our people. They are responsible for mentoring and providing career progression, and play a key role in helping colleagues achieve their goals
- We recognise individuals’ progress at different times. As such, we have quarterly promotion reviews enabling our people to progress when the time is right, rather than enforcing a once yearly approach. We do not have any quotas for promotions, therefore our promotion process is based purely on individual performance and readiness
- We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy. We feel we’ve created a great environment for you to be your very best. We actively encourage our people to develop and feel inspired to help us shape EGI moving forward
- Our performance-based company culture rewards initiative and performance, providing a career booster for strong pioneering spirits.
- Maternity/Paternity: We are fully supportive of expectant parents and have generous leave packages to support them: (1) New mothers can take up to 52 weeks leave with 100% salary paid for the first 26 weeks; (2) New fathers two weeks’ paid leave; (3) Shared Parental leave – Parents can take 100% salary for up to 24 weeks (depending on the amount of Maternity/Adoption Leave taken)
- Profit Share Scheme: It’s more than just a bonus scheme, it’s a mechanism that gives everyone a chance to share in the profits of the business on the same basis, whatever their grade or part of the business they are in, according to their contribution and the success of the business
- Home Working: Across our organisation, we support home working and supply equipment to ensure this can be done effectively. We offer a varied set of financial and non-financial benefits to ensure our people are valued and rewarded for their contribution to the company
Let’s meet, we want to know more about you!
You have submitted an application through our website and your CV has been approved. From there we follow a four-stage process to further assess your suitability for the job.
- Step 1 – Interview with our HR representative: Who are you and what motivates you? What have you achieved so far? To give us an initial idea of your potential suitability for the job, we will ask about specific situations you have experienced and how you dealt with them. We will focus on your “behavioral” competencies. The interview is also an opportunity for you to get to know us and to ask any questions you may have.
- Step 2 – Interview with business representatives: While further assessing your behavioral competencies, we will also examine your knowledge and skills in greater detail. This interview is conducted by one or more business line managers. You get the chance to find out more about our business and the opportunities that the company can offer you.
- Step 3 – Assessment: We use assessments as well as cases to evaluate your practical knowledge, skills and approach. In this way we aim to assess all candidates as objectively as possible.
- Step 4 – Contract: When we are convinced that you are the person we are looking for, we will make you a job offer which we will explain and discuss in detail with you.